Well, if it was so, I would love to have a taste of the rain it pours!
That oozing looking dessert is an absolute delight for the upcoming warm weather and it is healthy too! The Glycemic Index is kept as low as possible by using mango, passion fruit, egg white and fructose as main ingredient. The positive side of fructose is that we use half the sugar we would use normally because of its sweetening power 1.73 times higher than sucrose (regular sugar) and moreover, fructose glycemic index stands at 19, while refined white sugar is at 61. But there is more in that dessert that meets the eyes – a truck load of carbohydrates from the mangoes making this dessert a great after-exercise treat!
The bottom part is made of pure mango and passion fruit juices with a little gelatine to add some texture to it – then we add fresh chopped mangoes and we top it with a passion fruit mango cloud, scorched to perfection, plus a little fresh lime zest to finish the dessert on a tangy note. It takes 30 minutes at most to prepare this – or you can prepare it ahead and chill it in the fridge for a while, it’s even better!
Passion Mango Juice
- 100 g Fresh mango
- 200 g Fresh passion fruit juice
- 1 pcs Gelatin sheets
- Soften the gelatin in cold water.
- In a deep container, blend the mango and passion fruit into liquid.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve.
- Drain the water from the gelatin and melt it with a little of the fruit juice.
- Add it to the fruit juice and pour into container. Allow setting in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Passion Mango Cloud
- 45 g Fresh passion fruit juice
- 80 g Fructose
- 72 g Glucose
- 65 g Fresh passion fruit juice
- 30 g Fresh mango puree
- 15 g Egg white powder
- 7 g Glucose
- Boil the passion fruit juice with the first part of fructose and glucose and boil for 10 minutes.
- Mix the second part of passion fruit puree with the mango puree, the egg white powder and the second part of fructose; whip it into a meringue texture.
- Pour the boiled juice into the egg white and mix for a few more minutes.
Additionally, you will need:
- 1 large mango to be peeled and diced
- 1 pc of fresh lime
- 6 glass container to present the dessert
- Place a generous layer of fresh diced mango on the passion mango juice.
- Scoop the meringue on the top and scorch it with a gas torch.
- Grate some fresh lime zest, add some optional micro herbs and enjoy!