Chocolate pot-de-creme: 5 steps to happinessJanuary 21st, 2013 | Posted by in Daily life... | Recipes
If you look at it from a different angle, happiness doesn’t require any material things… or maybe, it does… if you call chocolate cream material, then yes… a substantial material with an ephemeral life, like butterflies – no, no relation here, except that both are beautiful! :)
A week ago, I was asked to post a recipe in 5 steps on Instagram, which I did… It was only after I posted the photos that I realized its impact. With 5 steps, there is not much that can be done, yet, if there was anything to be done in 5 steps that can bring you to happiness (no! I mean in food! ;)) then the chocolate pot de creme is a very strong contender to the top spot.
The key to happiness in 5 steps…
1) boil 120ml cream, 10g sugar and 1 vanilla bean cut lengthwise
2) add 28g dark chocolate (with strong cocoa flavor)
3) add one beautiful egg yolk (like that one!)
4) pour in a glass and bake in water bath at 170C for 25 minutes (eventually remove the vanilla bean)
5) once cooled at room temperature garnish with soft whipped cream, crumble and dry berries: eat!